Options for Fastening Deck Guardrails | high ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com

HAZ LUCES NEON PARA DECORAR TU CUARTO ❤️DIY LAMPARAS NEON
HAZ LUCES NEON PARA DECORAR TU CUARTO ❤️DIY LAMPARAS NEON | ideas para decorar habitacion de niña | 55designers.com
September 10, 2022
NUEVA DECORACIÓN | IDEAS PARA DECORAR EL BAÑO Y RECÁMARA DECORA CONMIGO |LIMPIEZA Y DECORACION | ideas para decorar banos | 55designers.com
September 10, 2022
Options for Fastening Deck Guardrails

Shop Class,Critical Deck Connections,FineHomebuilding.com,deck railings,guardrails,deck posts,framing,deck framing,remodeling

#Options #Fastening #Deck #Guardrails
See all the fastening options for rock-solid deck railings: inside the rim, outside the rim, and surface mounted.

Watch the entire 10-part video series here:

Find more deck-building resources on our website:

high ledge decorating ideas

1. ERIC CLARK says:

Great stuff thank you

2. Mean Dean says:

This deck would cost a fortune to build.. My old deck didn't have anything he is showing to do and made in 27 yrs. Truth be known, my old deck was by built incorrectly also and had no idea what brackets or bolts were, some places it didn't even know what a nail or a screw was.

3. Herb Hanson says:

Just spent the last month rebuilding an existing deck and I have to say I've come back to this video about 5 times. Excellent work sir.

4. Luke Mazza says:

If you want to install a fascia over the rim joists is it better to go with the low profile structural screws or can you countersink the big bolt heads?

5. Rob McGuire says:

Absolutely fantastic video. I am about to built my own deck and this is the first video I’ve seen that 1) is easy to follow due to a knowledgeable and well-spoken instructor, and 2) demonstrates what I believe the be truly proper post installation. Thanks for this!

6. GreekFreek04 says:

Most underrated builder's channel with so much quality and well thought out content! I always learn something new from these videos.

7. Outstanding

Overkill but outstanding 😊

8. Pee Wee’s Word of the day….” Extrapolate!” Ahhhhhhhh! Ding! Ding!

9. grocerylist says:

What about fascia mounted posts?

10. 1,000 dollars in structural screws hahahaha

11. This is as great a video as I've seen on the tube.

12. Hello, At 7:10 of the video, post outside the frame and between joists. Does that still pass the IRC code? Doesn't the post need to be more directly attached to a joist?

13. Mark Fabish says:

Can the bolt/washer on the outside of the rim joist be countersunk so cladding can be added ?

14. Mike says:

Great video. Very helpful

15. julrob97 says:

I want to do the guard rail detail at my end joist. Not sure why you wouldn’t put a nut and washer to tighten the the top long bolt that goes to the joist connector. Wouldn’t the post be weak at that top long bolt that just goes through it?

16. John Doe says:

3:40 Wouldn't you want to also install some blocking on the sides of the post to prevent any side to side movement?

17. With all of the bolt and screw heads sticking out of the sub structure are you able to install facia that flushes up to the lumber?

18. John Pfeufer says:

Thank you for taking the time to make these exceptional videos! I watch all your videos!

19. the iceman says:

I can't find these brackets anywhere.. Home depot has some but are for attaching the deck to the house… Anyone have a link?

20. Rock solid connection as he pulls on it and it moves lol

21. Ana says:

Can you please give us some advice? We had a deck built just 3 days ago on the south side of the home with lots of sun. It has yet to be stained & today we noticed that a lot of the boards and 2×4 railing tops are cracking and some floor boards are cupping!!! We are in disbelief this would happen in 3 days. The wood is pressure treated pine from Home Depot. Is it the installation? The wood? That it’s on the south side and had intense sun for 3 days? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

22. Bodie says:

Vid won't play. Ads seem to be crashing the queue

23. I like this guy's videos. This guy builds things to be Rock solid.

24. Way too many adverts, spoilt the video.

25. Those a great reinforcement tips for a deck you're not going to see underneath. Definitely going to improve my deck quality knowing this! But, What about decks over a patio? All that extra cut off chunks of blocking is going to look terrible if you're under it.

26. Mike Jones says:

huey the elephant owns that deck

27. Jared Dietz says:

This was a great video, thank you!

28. This guy is amazing! Thanks God bless you

29. Will Cline says:

It took me a while to find this video but it provided the exact details I was looking for on good mounting techniques for deck railing posts!

30. Dan Brandao says:

What gauge of structural screws are you using? In particular for the blocking method between 4:00 and 6:30? Thanks!

31. Mike says:

What if you have a support post on the corner but want the corner rail post to get there?

32. jack says:

What’s the name of the bracket when mounting the post on the exterior rim joist?

33. As good as this video is, it didn’t help me much. I have a deck that is completed but never had a railing. 98% of the deck is less than 2’ from the ground (27” min in Wa St). To sell the house, our realtor recommends a railing.

34. This looks like the way to go but how does that blocking work with joist hangers? I am not seeing any joist hangers in this video.

35. Alex MacLean says:

If using 6×6 supports for the deck, can you simply use long enough 6×6 posts that they extend the additional 42 inches for the height of the railings too?

36. R Gagnon says:

I like a lot of the techniques shown here, but… where do you find what look like 1/2" x15" or longer Galvanized Hex Through-bolts? All the lumber yards I've tried seem to stop at either 12" or maybe 14"

37. Hi, your videos are really usefull, directs, very visual, and easy to understand. Thank you.

38. To help anyone else. I also used the methods shown from 4:00 to 6:30 and it caused me to fail my framing inspection. I then looked through the AWC deck building code and there is nothing in there to help defend my case. His other methods are dead on, but if you're in an area that will require a building permit, through bolt everything to avoid failing your inspection.

39. Luis Rivera says:

Thanks ! Very professional!