DIY Raised Planter Box with Hidden Drainage | How to Build | high ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com

7 IDEAS para DECORAR BOLIGRAFOS con POMPONES de LANA
7 IDEAS para DECORAR BOLIGRAFOS con POMPONES de LANA | ideas para decorar habitacion de niña | 55designers.com
September 5, 2022
60 Kitchen Hood Ideas
60 Kitchen Hood Ideas | vaulted ceiling ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com
September 5, 2022
DIY Raised Planter Box with Hidden Drainage | How to Build

Diy planter box,diy raised planter box,planter box,planter,garden,raised planter box,raised planter,diy garden box,diy garden planter,raised planter boxes,elevated planter,elevated planter box,diy elevated planter box,raised bed patio planter,diy wood planter box,diy wooden planter box,planter box drainage,raised bed drainage,woodworker,wood,wooden,woodworking,woodworking projects,woodwork,diy,do it yourself,diy project,fixthisbuildthat,fix this build that

#DIY #Raised #Planter #Box #Hidden #Drainage #Build
I built a raised planter box for garden plants and veggies
Get PLANS:

How to Build a DIY Planter Box with hidden drainage. This wooden raised planter box is great for flowers or use it as a raised garden box to grow herbs or veggies. And there is hidden drainage to divert the water and keep the lower cedar shelf clean and dry.

BLOG:

➤Thank you to RIDGID Power Tools for sponsoring this video!:

➤Tools/Supplies Used (affiliate):
RIDGID 12” Miter Saw –
RIDGID 18V Compact Router –
RIDGID 18V Sander –
RIDGID 18V Drill/Driver –
Miter Saw Stand Plans –
ISOtunes Bluetooth Earbuds –
Spar Urethane –
Blue kote screws –

➤SUBSCRIBE to my channel here:

➤Join the Builder Club on Patreon and get Free Build Plans!

➤FOLLOW ME on Social Media:
Instagram –
Facebook –
Twitter –
Pinterest –

Fix This Build That
PO Box 680433
Franklin, TN 37068
high ledge decorating ideas

1. szargos says:

Will that spar urethane prevent the cedar from graying? The color looks awesome.

2. Tan Tanapol says:

This raised planter is really nice. Especially if you grow plants in Thailand where the sun is really strong!!

3. Thanks for the video. Would it be okay if I made it 8×4. Would it hold structurally. Or would I need to change the legs to 4×4 fir legs.

4. Danny Ray says:

Hey, great video by the way. I also love your table saw set up. You wouldn't happen to have a video on how to build one of those do you?

5. Do you have to use cedar?

6. My workshop isn't as clean as yours.

7. ikust007 says:

Totally agree with your système for the water drainage and the plastic side covering.

8. S Matt says:

What do you seal the wood with?

9. Mark K says:

I really really need to get into wood working. I suffered a work injury in 2013. 3 surgeries later I am in worse shape now. I am on disability and because I can not work I also suffer from depression. Wood working has always been a passion of mine. Being that i am off work and did not receive any money for the first 2 years of my disability I had to sell a few of my more valuable tools. The only real saw I managed to keep is my Ridgid 12" mitre saw. Now that I receive a little disability amount plus my wife's small income I need to get back into wood working again. Living in Canada where tools are really expensive it makes it tough but I keep looking through the local buy and sell I am hoping to find a table saw plus some other wood working tools so I can start to get some sanity back. I was used to working around 60 hours a week when i was employed to nothing makes me a little stir crazy. I have even tried talking to Home Depot, Ridgid and other tool companies to see if I could get some tools for a cheaper price " not that they owe it to me", I thought I would try. Unfortunately that did not get me anywhere. Anyways sorry to talk about my life on this channel, at least I get to watch channels like Brads and have some ideas when I can get back into it.

10. How is replacing soil on this? Seems like it might a little tough to do? Thinking of building one for my wife.

11. Tim Campbell says:

Now, you can build this, if you have a garage shop and thousands of dollars in wood working tools, or you can buy a similar planter online or locally for about $100.00 and help keep businesses and jobs thriving.

12. The chamfer bit just became my new best friend. This box is perfect!

13. Nick Moores says:

Ummm no hidden charger?!

14. Corwin D says:

Your planter box is one of the nicest I've seen on YouTube. And you have done an excellent job with this video. I will be making something like this, but am concerned about expansion and contraction with the sides and legs glued and screwed as you've done. How is your planter holding up?

15. chesleywells says:

What kind of pocket hole jig did you use?

16. James Law says:

Just need to get a set of old BBQ wheels to put on it to make it movable when cutting the grass.

17. Paj Tognetti says:

Wonderful job!! Can we order one from you? Love it!

18. that voicecrack at 0:19 love it

19. Nick says:

Yay OCD indeed – but where's the link to the plastic drill guide?!

20. John Taylor says:

bought the plans, am nearly finished, but also adding a side handle, couple of wheels and a place to store a few garden tools. great project. great plans. keep up the good videos.

21. Beautiful planter box, now all I need is the tools 🤷🏻‍♀️

22. Luke Peacham says:

Looks great thank you.

23. Alan Brott says:

Building this today! Unfortunately I could only get sheet metal downspout not the pvc. Hopefully that doesn’t affect things. I assumed it wouldn’t.

24. Good and inspiring ideas for raised planter with built in drainage

25. First time ripping stuff on my table saw and found out the hard way to look out out those loose knots. Got a nice stamp on my forearm from it shooting back at me.

26. edith f says:

God bless you, amazing job probably the best video I’ve seen to make one of these. You’ve explained everything very nicely not confusing whatsoever and with the water spout that just finishes up the job perfectly it’s like a work of art thank you again for your video.

27. Great video, thanks. What mil plastic sheeting did you use?

28. Dirk Diggler says:

Seems like you have a lot of chemicals going into your design that could leach into your soil. Not for me

29. I am building this…however, I can’t find a 1/16” chamfer but. Where might I find one?

30. David Branco says:

any advice on doing one of these for a sloped back yard? yard slopes down from left to right.

31. Coach Cal says:

You refer to 1-1/4" pocket screws, but not size. Are we to assume #8? Or are you using #7?

32. Great! Now I only need a carpenter's workshop.

33. Jason Stover says:

From a safety thing. You should never stack wood to cut it. If there are any slight bows the top board can spin fairly freely and kick around causing a pretty bad situation where boards are kicking into the blade.

34. Drainage won't always run there though

35. S. Fergu says:

How would you make cover to keep animals out.

36. K LE says:

Hi, di you have to use both plastic sheeting and landscape fabrics to line the inside? Can’t you just use landscape fabric?

37. Don't think I didn't notice you had all Ridgid power tools to do your woodworking long before you brought up that they're a sponsor. I think you're the only woodworking channel I've come across in the last 5 years that uses all Ridgid tools (read, no Ryobi).

38. ReaperXC says:

Where do we get that cabinet jig from ?