How to Caulk BIG GAPS!!!! | high ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com

COMO DECORAR TU HABITACIÓN CON LUCES DE LED
COMO DECORAR TU HABITACIÓN CON LUCES DE LED | ideas para decorar habitacion de niña | 55designers.com
August 15, 2022
Master Bedroom Addition (Long) - Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford (S3|E6)
Master Bedroom Addition (Long) – Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford (S3|E6) | vaulted ceiling ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com
August 15, 2022
How to Caulk BIG GAPS!!!!

How to Caulk BIG GAPS!!!! | high ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com

caulk,gap,big,fill,trim,drywall,repair,mud,crack,hole,wall,best,fast,easy,patch,plaster,tape,taping,mudding,joint,compound,joint compound,mesh tape,setting,quickset,DIY,finish,topping,paper tape,gypsum,wallboard,different,types,corner,inside,outside,trowel,knife,drywall finishing,plastering,taper,mudder,fix,skim,coat,install

#Caulk #BIG #GAPS
Big gaps happen!!! and when you don’t have a stone stretcher YOU CAULK IT!!! But what is the best way?
Instagram @vancouver_carpenter

Here is the backer rod:
1/4″
3/8″
1/2″

DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate I make a small commission from purchases through these links. Thank you for the support!!!!
high ledge decorating ideas

1. san mac says:

That last big gap I would go with molding, and there is caulking tap available

2. Cae Rule says:

hahahahah that intro got me rollin'

3. MAGA MAN says:

If you do you job correctly, you won't have to fill a massive gap.
    Also, Monkey hands. Eeew!

4. mirycreek says:

What are all the gaps from?

5. Dustin Clark says:

You're awesome dude. That's all there is to say.

6. Really descriptive, step by step video. I appreciate the tips and now feel more confident to attempt this myself. I am a perfectionist and your advice at the end really hit home for me. Thank you so much!

7. Thank you so much! I was looking for this filler stuff but had no idea what it was called. Thanks!

8. Tyler Shane says:

If you do an Ikea kitchen. This video is the final step.

9. Where's your link for caulking?! I like to support.

10. John Bonson says:

Great hint about perfectionism. At these moments I usually think that it is too much of perfection and no one really notice if I made a mistake other than myself.

11. Lux Man says:

So if this was drywall on both walls could spray foam be used to fill the gap? Then trimmed and the corner then taped and mudded?

12. leokimvideo says:

That gap near the ceiling, leave it alone and call it a high shelf

13. Los Moore says:

Latex caulking. So I don't use silicone? Or is silicone for the tub area ?

14. Los Moore says:

In my shower area may I do the same above the inserted shower wall too ? For the corners above the shower inserted walls it looks like there's some corner paper of some sort peeling off from a former contractor. U did well on your video. Thank u.

15. Christy J says:

That was great advice. Step back and take a breath. I've wasted too much time fussing over the tiny imperfections! So thanks!

16. Elaine V says:

Hello, thanks for this video. I was looking for a method to fill the gap behind my wardrobe and the wall without cutting off my baseboard coz it was glued rather than nailed. Gonna try your method! Thanks a lot!

17. Valerie K says:

O boy…I have popcorn……………….can I use the finger method. Never knew about backer stuff. Thank you

18. LED says:

Thank you! So few tutorials on how to install this, and how to install properly

19. Bob Jackman says:

Adding Sunlight soap to mud to avoid fisheye or pin holes (bubbles)

Watch "Drywall Finishing Tip – Sunlight Soap" on YouTube

20. Gail Oleaga says:

Great Video, Thank You. Do I use Dynaflex 230 elastomeric for the caulk? Also what type of tape did you use? I have a 1 in gap between the wall and countertop and it tapers as one wall is crooked. So, do I put the 1inch backer rod in the larger space and then use the 1/4 inch where they meet and just continue the line? oh . . . did you say 1 1/2 in putty knife that was stiff, flexible, angled? No, I am no Carpenter, I am a Realtor trying to fix a problem in my own home. Appreciate your advice Thanks Again!

21. kat says:

Why not wood filler?

22. JamesT says:

Somebody sounds hungover….

23. M R says:

Thank you very much. I'm glad there are you tubers doing this, especially, for girls that have no idea how to be more "hands on" projects.

24. Ivan says:

I love caulk. I love white ones. I love black ones. I love fat ones. I love skinny ones. I love short ones. I love long ones. I simply love caulk.

25. I got OCD ,so its a matter of getting it the best I can !

26. mugentuner says:

This is by far the best KB on caulking large gaps on the whole of YouTube. Everything else out there is fairly sloppy

27. tyson sittu says:

I had a small area of about a foot that had a gap of about 3/8” gap. So I used paper tower and that seemed like it did the job. I did that because 1. I was lazy and didn’t want to leave the house for such a small area and 2. I didn’t want to buy a roll of 10 feet and have so much left over. Question- the paper towel I used worked perfectly and fixed my problem. The question I have is what will this do in the long term? Am I okay or am I over thinking this?

28. "Caulking….some….big…..gaps…."

I'm dying…..

29. Cameron P says:

I did this while hanging on top of a roof doing gables. I can caulk goo carpentry easy. But when I have a mile wide gap it looks like I went finger painting. This made me think I wonder if I have to run multiple beads and wait for it to set to come back.

Sure enough. Thank you for the video

30. Chris Rhodes says:

As a old guy I used to work with said….."Looks good from my house!"

31. hex hex says:

Perfect last little bit of advice! Take a step back….:) Fresh look

32. Can I use these steps for drywall gaps?

33. OldSkoolWayy says:

Can I just use foam instead of a backerod

34. How long do you leave tape on before removing?

35. I have a big gap between bottom of bathtub tile and top of tub, too big for extra tile, seems too big to just grout, any thoughts?