How to Make a Living Plant Wall (DIY) | basement wall decor ideas | 55designers.com

Can These Chefs Create This Kid's Unicorn Dish?
Can These Chefs Create This Kid's Unicorn Dish? | mother’s day table decoration ideas | 55designers.com
June 21, 2022
LIVING ROOM DECOR IDEAS 2021// HOW TO DECORATE// LIVING ROOM MAKEOVER
LIVING ROOM DECOR IDEAS 2021// HOW TO DECORATE// LIVING ROOM MAKEOVER | lash room decor ideas | 55designers.com
June 21, 2022
How to Make a Living Plant Wall (DIY)

living wall,plant wall,living plant wall,plant art,diy,do it yourself,how to,house plants,vertical garden,green wall

#Living #Plant #Wall #DIY
Yo, what’s up SerpaSquad!? In this one, I tackle a project that I’ve been wanting to make for a while now… a living plant wall! I tried to keep it as budget-friendly and cheap as I possibly could while making sure it’s a quality piece of art. Do a quick google search and you’ll see what I mean. This is a really good price for something like this. Pre-build pieces, with live plants, are typically VERY expensive.

Most of the plants and materials I used were found at big box home improvement stores. If you look around online or wait for things to go on sale, you can easily make something similar for much less. Be sure to check around your house and see what you already have. Let me know if you have questions on anything and I’ll do my best to respond.

Here’s a link to the fabric pockets I used in the video (NOT an affiliate link).

Plant List:
Bellus Creeping Fig (Ficus pumila ‘Bellus’)
Bronze Venus Maidenhair Fern (Adiantum hispidulum ‘Bronze Venus’)
Compact Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata ‘Compacta’)
English Ivy (Hendera helix)
Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)

Philodendron hederaceum ‘Brasil’; erroneously called Jade Pothos (Epipremnum aureum ‘Jade’)
Holly Arrowhead Plant (Syngonium podophyllum ‘Holly’
Kangaroo Fern (Microsorum diversifolium)
Mini White Nerve Plant (Fittonia albivenis ‘Mini White’)
Peperomia ‘Napoli Nights’
Pink Nerve Plant (Fittonia argyroneura)
Purple Waffle Plant (Hemigraphis alternata)
Rabbit’s Foot Fern (Davallia fejeensis)
Red Guzmania Bromeliad (Guzmania lingulata)

Instagram –
TikTok –

#livingwall #plantwall #serpadesign
basement wall decor ideas

1. TerraMagnus says:

This would be a great concept to revisit… but bigger. Like floor to ceiling, full space between two windows perhaps. Recirculating irrigation. And then every single Zoom call have to field the question about where you got your Zoom virtual background. 😀

2. I've built one of these and here's my tips:
    1: give adequate room at the top, it's hard to plant anything if the top of the frame is too close to the top of the fabric "basket". I know you want it dense but it's better to let the plants grow to the top.
    2: add some plastic or something like plastidip to the inside of the baskets, at least the one I bought don't hold water nearly well enough for your plants to be happy. But with a bit of plastic at the bottom to trap the water they thrived in my wall.

3. Gomez Addams says:

Love everything you do…

4. Cococure1111 says:

It's the concise clarity, well thought out detail and professional execution for me 👌🏿🤌🏿🙌🏿
    Seriously well done 💯 I got EXACTLY what I was looking for and so many other gems!

5. Just curious 類 How is the Living Plant Wall doing today? Can you do an update? I must have missed this episode. Dang, you are so talented!

6. Hai Pham says:

i have one question, the PVC board is foamex board, right?

7. Josh says:

Looks great

8. Ink Bee says:

That's a Philodendron brasil, not a Jade Pothos.

9. LOVELY! I want to make one. I'm just not sure if you place the pots inside the pockets or just "repot" the plants directly using the pockets as a pot.

10. Thank you very much on this well informative instruction on how to build a living wall. I am looking forward to building one.

11. Stuart Ong says:

I love your creativity and great pieces but I don’t think you’ve mentioned the specific lighting that you use, that’s the only thing missing from your presentations and that’s the one thing I’m most interested in ?

12. Kiki Rose says:

You can get over the door shoe organizers. Cheaper as the version and great as a kitchen herb garden.

13. Okashi Ad says:

I might consider this with fake plants!

14. Velin says:

If you do another one. Could you do a “high tech” version with lights and a drip watering system?

15. x200ants says:

SOmeone tryed already ? I want to try !!! Does the water spread elvenly ? Or you have to water all pocket 1 by 1 ?

16. wish i could do the same on my wall….very beautiful

17. Would be amazing to install an drip watering system and pump in the bottom to this somehow? 🙂 Wish I had more iq but it should be doable?

18. What is a PVC board? Home Depot Canada guy has no idea what I'm talking about. Says they have nothing of the sort.

19. I want to make this to my mom!

20. FilAm Mom says:

It looks beautiful

21. Lilli White says:

Your jade pothos is actually a philodendron brasil

22. Well done my friend, I learned a lot from you. You have a strict follower in Turkey, I really appreciate your effort. Thank you so much.

23. Nigel Hughes says:

Absolutely stunning! Would love to see more content like this, great channel btw! 👍👌🇦🇺

24. Too good 👍🏻

25. Lorna J says:

I expected some sort of drip watering system for this. Would you recommend anything like that? It's so dry where I live I'm afraid I'd have to water it constantly.

26. As always, great video and this is a cheap way of getting something beautiful a lot cheaper than a good painting and always changing.

27. Tom V says:

link to Amazon is dead. Search Amazon for "living wall fabric pockets"

28. Love the video! Can you do a living wall with moss video?

29. bjk12385 says:

pallet wood is soooo underrated…. both in character and cost. When I say cost, I mean that it is often overlooked because its free but looks terrible. If you grab a pallet and try to use it in a project, and fail, then what? You use it for firewood, boom! That being said, I have seen so many successful projects involving pallet wood. The real cost is your time, but I feel even if you try a project with pallet wood and it doesn't turn out the way you want it, you will learn how not to do something and have some nice material to start a campfire and crack a beer!

30. B Anderton says:

I would love you to do this kind of thing but add water flow to a fish section below and use edible plants…. Kind of an aquaponic wall paludarium.

31. I don't have access to the saws you used. I still like watching the vids though….and drooling. I just wear a bib. 🤣

32. YOU GOT A ONE YEAR UPDATE OF THIS BRO, THANKS FOR INSPIRING US KEEP IT UP