recessed lighting,recessed light,led downlight,recessed lighting layout,recessed lighting spring clips,recessed lighting replacement,led recessed lighting review,led recessed lighting,led recessed light bulbs,led can lights,can lights in living room,can lights in kitchen,led dimmer switches,the honest carpenter,ccs triangle electric,can lights in garage,recessed lights in existing ceiling,kitchen lighting
#LED #Recessed #Lighting5 #LightsDownlightsRecessed #Lights
Amazon Affiliate Links:
Torchstar 12-pack Recessed Dimmable:
Torchstar 6-pack Recessed Dimmable:
Sunco 4-pack Dimmable:
(These are affiliate links. When you shop through these links, we receive a small commission at NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU. We greatly appreciate the support!)
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM:
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN:
LED lights have changed the recessed/can lighting market. This video from The Honest Carpenter will show you 5 THINGS TO KNOW about LED recessed lights!
We would like to thank Harrison Peacock for helping us make this video. Harrison’s company, CCS TRIANGLE ELECTRICAL SERVICES, is a great electrical company in the Raleigh/Cary/Durham/Chapel Hill area. To contact them, just see their links below:
CCS TRIANGLE ELECTRICAL SERVICES
4501 Rockwood Drive
Raleigh, NC 27612
LED RECESSED LIGHTS–5 THINGS TO KNOW:
1. COLOR TEMPERATURE MATTERS–LED lights produce color in a far wider range than incandescent bulbs. When you buy LEDs be sure to check their package Bulbs in the 3000k range produce yellowish light. LED bulbs in the 4000-5000k range produce far whiter or even bluish light. Light color can interact adversely with the paint color on your walls!
2. USE DIMMER SWITCHES–Many people feel that LED recessed lights are too bright. So, it’s often a good idea to install them on dimmer switches. But remember: light is produced differently in an LED bulb, and they work on a far lower wattage. For this reason, they don’t always work well with typical dimmer switches. You’ll most likely want to install them on CL DIMMER SWITCHES.
3. SPACING IS IMPORTANT: Harrison and CCS TRIANGLE ELECTRIC feel that LED recessed lights should rarely be spaced more than 4′ apart in a linear path. This helps blanket the room with light. Also, lights should rarely be closer to a wall than 2′. This helps create Wall Washing–effective light coverage of the wall.
4. INCREASED MOBILITY–With the invention of ultra-thin LED recessed fixtures, can lights can now go almost anywhere, including directly beneath framing obstructions.
5. GADGETS GALORE!–LED recessed lights are now incorporating more gadgets, including built-in blue tooth speakers. These units are pricey, but they are very easy to retrofit.
Thank you for watching the video!
Be sure to visit us at The Honest Carpenter website:
vaulted ceiling ledge decorating ideas