How To Get The Best Paint Finish On Window Cills/Sills Or Hand Rails | high ledge decorating ideas | 55designers.com

IDEAS PARA DECORAR LA HABITACIÓN|DECORACIONES PARA TU CUARTO EN AZUL/DECORACION 2020 | ideas para decorar habitacion de niña | 55designers.com
June 8, 2022
IDEAS PARA MEJORAR TU BAÑO SIN OBRAS - PINTAR AZULEJOS, PUERTAS, AÑADIR DETALLES...
IDEAS PARA MEJORAR TU BAÑO SIN OBRAS – PINTAR AZULEJOS, PUERTAS, AÑADIR DETALLES… | ideas para decorar banos | 55designers.com
June 8, 2022
How To Get The Best Paint Finish On Window Cills/Sills Or Hand Rails

How To Get The Best Paint Finish On Window Cills/Sills Or Hand Rails,best paint finish,painting and decorating

#Paint #Finish #Window #CillsSills #Hand #Rails
How To Get The Best Paint Finish On Window Cills/Sills Or Hand Rails

Acoustic Blues by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (
Artist:
high ledge decorating ideas

1. Ray Carter says:

that’s all well and good, but what about when you’ve got a whole room, or house to do? That would be 2 weeks sanding.

2. Julian Lyons says:

Very good informative videos from you .. ive watched lots of them and certainly enjoy your attention to detail and full explanations great workmanship

3. Fiddle Dee says:

Thanks for that

4. Lee Wildey says:

As a fellow decorator of over 25 yrs I’m a firm believer that you can always learn useful new tips no matter how experienced you are .
    The hairline cracks and using drill holes b foam especially . It worked for me very well .
    Do you quote your jobs allowing extra time for the processes you use as I’d love to be able to work the way you do.
    I always do a good job but from your videos your work is mostly high end stuff .
    I’ve worked many years as a subby or employed so rarely have had the chance to be given enough time to be able to work the way you do if you Understand what I mean .
    I assume you work for yourself I am tempted to go this way myself as I’d love to be able to have higher end projects .
    Much respect to you and your craftsmanship my friend

5. DAKESIS17 says:

How many layers are there? Primer, undercoat and overcoat or just 2?

6. tip i heard for dust was to steam the room as the water will grip to the dust and help to make it settle.kettle with lid off might be an idea.

7. The Wholls says:

Good on ya mate good video

The thing I notice is here in Australia with new houses on the east coast where I am

the internal window sills and surrounds are “wood” but it’s not real wood

it’s this paper like board called “Hobbywood” it’s almost like chipboard but instead of being made out of chips seems to be made out of sawdust and paper or something

and I’ve got a theory that because there’s no grain per-se

there’s no need to wet sand it….

We’ll see

8. D Bec says:

lol this is a wind up, most folk havent gpt 2 years to paint a window sill

9. Can I use a non drip high sheen dulux brilliant white gloss pain to pain my window cills

10. Jane Russell says:

Discovering this in lockdown. All your vids have been really helpful, really informative.

11. carol bradow says:

I put a gripper type primer on the wood as my 1st coat, do I sand that before I paint with my 2nd coat, or do I sand after 3rd coat of paint?

12. reaper xox says:

This was so satisfying to watch! I didn't think of wet sanding and it leaves such a good finish! Can I ask which type of paint you used? Also when considering sanding larger areas such as bannisters etc which type of sanding machine would you recomend? I'm trialling out of lot of methods, not much else to do in lockdown. Thanks for the upload too

13. the best decorating channel on you tube bar none !! have learnt so much thank you for sharing your knowledge

14. spinx1200 says:

Nice DEMONSTRATION mate..some.comments dont seem to grasp that its a demonstration as such. Nice work as always . 👍🏻👍🏻

15. Rich1234 says:

Hello Sir,Do you thin paint down when your painting window sills and bannisters.I am currently using Trade Dulux satinwood and I’m finding it quite thick.Cracking video as usual.

16. Rich1234 says:

17. RKB says:

HEY STUPID…
    SAND THE BOARD BEFORE YOU PAINT IT !
    THEN YOU ONLY NEED A SCUFF SANDING…
    NOT A MAJOR OPERATION !
    P. S. ARE YOU DRUNK ?

18. D.B Cooper says:

You do on paint line in the middle then spread it out to the edges then lightly go across the length . To much paint on that brother

19. vzgsxr says:

Bro you are painting a house, not a car. Who the hell is going to spend hours wet sanding. 😂

20. James N says:

You mean to tell me 4 hours more work with a higher grit sand paper does a better job!? Well I'll be damned.

21. With a sill wonder if its worth taping some old paper across the bay area to keep out dust ……

22. Ive gone with wet sanding for years and swear by it.the finish is amazing…..not suitable when carpet is down though.

23. Basically don't use pine, use mdf

24. 1spiders1 says:

Need to use a hd roller much smoother finish no brush strokes

25. neil says:

I would have thought if you were in the trade you would know the correct terminology. I am assuming when you say window sill, you mean window bottom or window board. The window sill is what the window, and window board sits on. The sill is the bottom horizontal frame section of the actual window.

26. Chris Ward says:

The difference can be seen so it's then up to the individual how to finish their project. Decent enough demonstration I'd say.

27. Joe Brown says:

Excellent demo.

28. It was worth watching

29. I did learn something! But jeez it was a bit long winded.
    Just sand well and undercoat well. There job done!