Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams | mother’s day table decoration ideas | 55designers.com

Mother's Day Cake Decoration ideas | Cake For Mother's Day |
Mother's Day Cake Decoration ideas | Cake For Mother's Day | | mothers day cake decorating ideas | 55designers.com
May 29, 2022
70 Basement Stairs Ideas
70 Basement Stairs Ideas | basement wall decor ideas | 55designers.com
May 29, 2022
Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

last,lecture,health,randy,pausch,carnegie,mellon,inspirational

#Randy #Pausch #Lecture #Achieving #Childhood #Dreams
Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 – July 25, 2008) gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium. In his moving presentation, “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams,” Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.

For more on Randy, visit:

Learn how to support the Randy Pausch Memorial Bridge, visit:
mother’s day table decoration ideas

1. I never met Professor Pausch, but this speech and book taught me to live life to the fullest and that failure is a stepping stone in life.

2. Igor Costa says:

I've watched this every year on Christmas for the past 15 years. Randy is still changing my life.

3. My professor just adivsed us to watch this lecture and I am so glad I did not “fluff” this assignment. This man embodies what being human is. His wittiness and comical tones in this lecture keep you entertained, but he also drops bombs of influential advice that anybody can take to heart.

May this man rest in peace, and his family be as blessed as he was in his life. He lives forever both in the minds of others, as well as his physical achievements in VR and with Carnegie-Mellen.

4. A Marks says:

This is one of THE most inspiring and heartwarming Youtube “lectures” ever. OG TedTalk

5. John Deadass says:

I had a childhood dream once. It was to live a long and fulfilling existence with the light of my life, my most beloved canine Philip. But ever since a tragic mugcake incident he has been left paralysed. My wish was crushed. I only wish now that I could return to more innocent days

6. Alexa Jack says:

When it comes to investment, diversification is key. That is why I have my interests set on key sectors based on performance and projected growth. They range from the EV sector, renewable energy, Tech and Health.

7. I did not expect to laugh out loud several times during this lecture, and then tear up at the birthday celebration and the second head fake (and I very rarely cry). My god what an incredible man.

8. This was so beautiful and inspiring.

9. TRaik S says:

So he got rejected by CM and then his professor called and got him in?! (which changed his life forever!). As a grad student who really wanted to go to Harvard but got rejected and attended Columbia instead- this is annoying as hell. Like wtf? This is unfair!

10. Mithun Mayur says:

I read his book "the last lecture" yesterday and directly came here

11. Sam Loera says:

I am trying through various methods and implementation to be hafe of what this courageous man had become.

12. Thank you for sharing. Too teared up to be meaningful but I took a lot from Randy. I understand. I hear you. Let me stay in some shape or form. Never let me go. I have a lot to learn from you than you can ever learn from me. Let me stay in the shadow of the giant oak, not like a reed but like your favourite jasmine tree.

13. BearlyMHere says:

I miss "The Last Lecture " wisdom. RIP Pausch

14. I JUST FINISHED HIS BOOK. I LOVE IT AND GODDD WHAT A TRUE INSPIRATION.

15. David Karisa says:

This lecture drilled some sense into me. Welled up a little bit too; but the message is exactly what I needed. It's sort of a confirmation of the path I took many years ago. Only difference now is the new hope in my future. Our futures. It's particularly impactful considering that he had less than year to walk on this planet which adds more gravitas to his lecture. I never knew this man before but I already miss him 🙂 R.I.P.

16. Can we see his childrens now(2022).I woud love to see them now.

17. d cross says:

Wow that last sentence about his kids hit me like a train– so powerful what a great person I wish I had met him

18. Mansi Babbar says:

What an amazing person!

19. That thing laughing hihihihii was sooo annoying😄

20. Only 20 million views after all these years? I thought it would've been made standard curriculum by now

21. 王泽鹏 says:

Somehow he looks like Jim Carrey to me, especially when he conveys humor and kindness.

22. Edwin Brace says:

Damn, I teared up at the end !

23. Mirk X says:

don't you think he looks like Matthew McConaughey? may be a little bit….

24. Mark Moretti says:

At one of the scariest and saddest moments so far in my life, where I have to reflect on myself and figure out who I am and who I am going to be… I just so happen to stumble across a 14 year video on YouTube of a lecture by someone who I have never heard of, who has lead a career in a field I have no interest in… and it has changed my life.

It’s sad to see such positive and impactful people taken so soon in their lives, but even after death he is still helping people. I didn’t expect to be tearing up right now an hour or so ago when I started this video

25. __unknown__ says:

Who came here by Sandeep Maheshwari page link ✋

26. Those bunnies are creepy but what a great inspiration!!

27. GoodNewsJim says:

This guy never let me into his class, despite my entire life designing video games.

28. jaimejaime says:

What a wonderful, upbeat guy. I hope he and his family are doing OK (I understand he's "in heaven" now). Will have to look up Imagineering – not sure he ever explained it.

29. SUCH AN AWESOME STORY. BLESSING TO YOU!!❤🎸🙌.

30. Damn, to think this was uploaded the year I was born.

31. Wow, just wow. I wish that I could go up to this man and just say thank you for the advice. He seems like the most amazing person, son, professor, friend, mentor, and so much more. I am only in high school and I'm still not very sure about what I would like to do with the rest of my life, one of my ideas that I thought about was to become a college professor or a high school teacher, and he makes me want to become a professor or a high school teacher just because of this speech and how he has impacted the lives of many and how he loved his job (which is one of the things that I want to do is to love my job). Today, I was actually working on a class (sorry but will not say which one), and this video came up and I thought "wow this is a whole hour, I'll just watch only a few minutes to see what it is about". Next thing I knew (and an hour later), I am sitting here writing this and just in awe of what he had told all of us. I could only imagine what it must've been like to be in that same room that he was in, and how it impacted each and every person there, and like me, watching this video. It is just incredible how he has impacted us (and how what he has done) and how he and his legacy still lives on today in 2022.I love how he became the Tigger and not the Eeyore about having the cancer. He taught all of us that being positive and looking at what you have done in life, and how it impacts the people around you is a truly tremendous and remarkable thing, and that we should continue to have a positive outlook on some things, people, and just life in general. I know that he has passed on, and I can only imagine how all of those people must have felt to loose such an outstanding person, but I just wanted to say thank you even though I didn't really know who you were until now, and that you didn't even know me.

32. MrFraiche says:

9:55 The most important lesson in life.

33. Gonna pass on this vid because of the title. A child has very little options to consider because of lack of life experience, and aspirations come from knowledge and a vision of seeing it happen in reality, (and only in a free and free enterprise society). The child can not do that very well, and their first choice may not be all that rational, because of a lack of life experience. It is great that a child dreams of what they can do when they grow up, (But with a lack of free enterprise in the USA as it was given to communism, now taught to work for the state,—big dreams there baby), or as they grow up, (not sure if we ever finish growing up in a free society, with no where to grow under communism.), but you have a much better shot of making it happen, and wanting it in the long run,—as an adult with accumulated knowledge, wisdom and life some experience. A 4 year old, with no knowledge of options, will probably want to be a baby sitter when they grow up.
    The trick is—as you grow up and grow older,—to not let your growing communistic education and society beat the "spirit" out of you mentally.
    That is very hard.

34. Building stuff, programming computers, being good at cycling and owning cool bikes. Why make shit complicated?

35. What an amazing man. He embodies the spirit of the three teachers who influenced me the most. His positivity is inspiring. He is genuinely concerned about all his students. And his indefatigable sense of curiosity is infectious. He was taken from us far, far too early.

36. I find myself coming back to this amazing lecture at moments where I need to realign. Each time I do, I find myself walking away with another piece of knowledge I missed the previous times through. A true gift to the world Randy was and while I didn’t know him personally, his words have truly helped me along my path and helped those around me. Legacy is not what we do for ourselves, but what we do for others and the lessons we teach that live long past our time on this earth.